Massage Therapist Licensing in Delaware

Delaware massage licensing

Delaware Massage Therapist Licensing and Certification Requirements

Start Your Massage Therapy Career in Delaware!
The state of Delaware requires licensing by anyone engaged in the practice of massage or bodywork. The state of Delaware identifies a variety of professions that have special licensing and certifications and these are regulated by the Division of Professional Regulation. Massage falls under the jurisdiction of the Board of Massage and Bodywork.

Delaware is very specific about differentiating between massage therapists and massage technicians. Massage therapists can accept prescription referrals from physicians and chiropractors. Massage technicians may not. The requirements for certification as a massage therapist are quite similar to those in other states. There are less educational requirements for massage technicians.

Delaware Massage Therapy Licensing Requirements

Licensing Requirements: Mandatory State Licensing


Request Application: Below is some information about the massage therapy licensing and certification process for the state of Delaware.

Contact Information

Board of Massage and Bodywork
Division of Professional Regulation
Cannon Building
861 Silver Lake Blvd. Suite 203
Dover, Delaware 19904

Phone: (302) 744-4500

Fax: (302) 739-2711

Email: [email protected]


Top Massage Therapy Schools in Delaware

Interested in attending massage therapy school? If you’re trying to find a top massage school in Delaware, check out the selected campuses below for more information.Delaware massage certification requirements
Attending school for massage therapy is a great step forward in your career. Whether you’re looking to become a massage therapist, work in a spa, or start your own business, you’ve probably got some questions.

For answers about how to apply, financial aid, class schedules, or scholarship availability, simply find a campus you’re interested in, and click on the Request Free School Information button. A representative from the school will contact you directly to answer any questions you might have about their massage programs.


< Back to Licensing by State