Massage Therapist Licensing in Maryland

Maryland massage licensing

Maryland Massage Therapist Licensing and Certification Requirements

Start Your Massage Therapy Career in Maryland
The state of Maryland issues Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) and Registered Massage Practitioner (RMP) licenses at the state level, which are overseen by the Maryland Board of Chiropractic and Massage Therapy Examiners.

Maryland requires a minimum of 500 hours of education as well as 60 hours of college education for the LMT license. Those seeking an RMP license are required to have a minimum of 500 hours of education. Both applicants must also take the NCETMB or NCCAOM, in addition to taking the state jurisprudence exam. License renewals occur every 2 years with a 24 hour CE requirement.

Maryland Massage Therapy Licensing Requirements

Licensing Requirements: Mandatory State Licensing


Request Application: The Maryland application fee is $350, the state jurisprudence exam fee is $200 and the license renewal fee is $250.

Maryland Massage Therapy Application

Maryland Massage Therapy Laws & Regulations

Contact Information

Board of Chiropractic and Massage Therapy Examiners
4201 Patterson Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21215-2299

Phone: 410-764-4738

Fax: 410-358-1879


Top Massage Therapy Schools in Maryland

If you are interested in going to a top rated massage therapy school in Maryland, check out some of the campuses listed below. We have searched the available massage programs to bring you some of the best schools in the country.Maryland massage certification requirements

There are many questions you must be asking yourself about going to massage therapy school. How much is it going to cost? Is financial aid available? How long does it take? What type of degree will I receive? Will I be able to find a job? Can I get a scholarship?

All great questions and answers are available. Simply find a campus you’re interested in, and click on the Request Free School Info button. A school representative will contact you directly to answer any questions you might have.



< Back to Licensing by State