Massage Therapist Licensing in North Carolina

North Carolina massage licensing

North Carolina Massage Therapist Licensing and Certification Requirements

Start Your Massage Therapy Career in North Carolina

The state of North Carolina issues the Massage & Bodywork Therapist (MBT) license on the state level which is overseen by the North Carolina Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy.

North Carolina requires 500 hours of education from a board approved school as well as having a passing score on the NCETMB, NCETM, MBLEx, or NCCAOM exam. The state requires a license renewal every 2 years with a 25 hour CE requirement. Applications with board approved schools take about 30 days for a license to be issued.

North Carolina Massage Therapy Licensing Requirements

Licensing Requirements: Mandatory State Licensing


Request Application: The application fee is $20, the criminal history report fee is $40, the license fee is $140, and the license renewal fee is $100.

North Carolina Massage Therapy Application

North Carolina Massage Therapy Info Sheet

North Carolina Massage & Bodywork Therapy Practice Act

NC Board Rules & Regulations

Contact Information

North Carolina Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy
P.O. Box 2539
Raleigh, NC 27602

Phone: (919) 546-0050

Fax: (919) 833-1059

Email: [email protected]


Top Massage Therapy Schools in North Carolina

If you are interested in going to a top rated massage therapy school in North Carolina, check out some of the campuses listed below.North Carolina massage certification requirements We have searched the available massage programs to bring you some of the best schools in the country.

Going to massage therapy school is an exciting prospect. If you’ve dreamed of a career in massage, health and beauty, or spa industry, but are have some questions, then look no further. Simply find a campus that suits you, and click on the Request Info button.

A representative from the school will contact you with answers to questions about massage programs, scholarship availability, how to apply, financial aid, and any other questions you might have.



< Back to Licensing by State